The Shorty Awards honor the best people and organizations on Twitter and social media. Nominations may be made through Twitter and this website, culminating in an awards ceremony that recognizes the winners in dozens of official categories, as well as thousands of crowd-sourced categories.
Be sure to vote for Hanson! Once from every twitter account you have in MUSIC! (If you’d like to vote for them in an additional category -vote CHARITY)
* To vote, send a tweet like this: I nominate @TwitterUser for a Shorty Award in #category because… (add reason here)
* You can also tweet shorter votes like this: #shortyawards @username #category (add quick reason here). This shorter format is helpful if you want to vote from a party, on the road, in a meeting, or on a boat
* Be as creative as you want with the reason
* A tweet that does not give a reason for the nomination will not be counted
* The nomination must be relevant to the category
* Vote for as many different people as you want, in as many categories as you want, as often as you want
* Only one person and one category per tweet
* Voting for the same person in the same category more than once just replaces the text of your original vote; it does not count as an additional vote
* You can vote in any of the Official Categories or make up a category of your own. If a new category becomes popular, it might be turned into an Official Category with an award presented at the ceremony in March
* Twitterers are welcome to campaign and encourage their friends to vote for them
* Voters must be active Twitter users prior to the start of the competition. Votes originating from new Twitter accounts or accounts used mainly for Shorty Awards voting will automatically be disqualified and will not count toward the rankings
* We periodically perform audits to make sure our system isn’t being gamed. Contact us if you see suspicious activity
* If you change your Twitter user name, any votes you received under your old user name won’t carry over
* We reserve the right to disqualify nominees that do any of the following: impersonate others, violate trademarks, infringe copyrights, invade privacy, make threats of violence, promote illegal activities, spam others, use bots or scripts for voting, engage in abusive behavior, or otherwise violate the friendly spirit of the awards.