Sun, Sep 22, 2013 (7:24 p.m.)
1. A friend of mine tweeted a photo of four Hanson fans camped out in front of the venue at around 4 in the afternoon, but they really didn’t need to bother: The intimate room wasn’t nearly full, and anyone showing up right before the concert started would have had no problem getting close to the stage.
2. The three Hanson brothers (Isaac, Taylor, Zac) were backed up by two additional musicians, but they’re all musical powerhouses on their own; Taylor sang and played keyboards, guitar, drums and harmonica at various points during the show.
3. With his dark glasses, slick hairdo and black unbuttoned shirt, Isaac looked a little like blues guitarist Jonny Lang while he was wailing on the guitar. He even had the contorted guitar-solo face.
4. Although most people still know Hanson for 1997’s “MMMBop,” these guys aren’t stuck in the past, and their 24-song set featured seven songs from recent album Anthem. The enthusiastic fans in the crowd sang along to nearly every word of both the new songs and the classics.
5. Yes, of course they played “MMMBop.” It’s still a great pop song.