Daily Archives: March 28, 2012
(Please note that as of this posting this has not been confirmed on Hanson.net so keep that in mind when making travel plans and arrangements to attend)
ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE & AUTOGRAPH SESSION
HMV QUEEN ST
TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2012 – 6:30PM
RECEIVE A FREE WRISTBAND TO MEET HANSON WITH THE PURCHASE OF “SHOUT IT OUT” @ HMV QUEEN ST (ONLY)
Wristbands will be given out on Tuesday April 3rd as of 10am at HMV Queen Street location only. HMV reserves the right to limit quantities and cease offer at any time. HMV is not responsible for any lost or stolen wristbands. Proof of purchase is required in order to receive a wristband. Autographs are not guaranteed due to time restrictions. Autograph session is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Autograph session to take place on Tuesday April 3rd, 2012 at 6:30pm EST at HMV 272 Queen Street West.
- Wristbands for Hanson autograph session will begin to be distributed on Tuesday April 3rd, 2012 at the HMV Queen St West location ONLY beginning at 10:00am EST.
- Security will be present at 10am to ensure that the line up remains organized. Any individual who chooses to line up prior to this time does so at their own risk
- A total of 300 wristbands will be distributed for the autograph signing. Wristbands are not guaranteed and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
- All those requesting a wristband must purchase the Hanson “Shout It Out” CD at the HMV Queen St West location.
- HMV is not responsible for any lost or stolen wristbands.
- Wristbands are NOT numbered and therefore the line-up for the autograph session is based on a first come, first served basis.
- Line-up for the autograph session commences at 5:00pm EST on April 3rd, 2012 along side the HMV Queen Street West store (North along Beverley Street). Event Security will be present at 5:00pm EST to ensure that the line-up remains organized. Any individual who chooses to lineup prior to this time does so at their own risk.
- HMV does not accept any responsibility for individuals who choose to line-up overnight outside the HMV Queen Street West location.
- At the discretion of the event Security, any individual who is deemed as violent, abusive, or in any way disruptive to the event, to other individuals attending the event, or to HMV personnel, will be asked to leave the event immediately and will not receive their autograph. No exceptions.
- We ask that no person holds spots in the line-up for others.
- Only individuals with a Hanson official hmv wristband will be allowed in the line-up prior to the autograph session on Tuesday April 3rd 2012
- Event is subject to cancellation or change without notice.
- One autograph per person. One item allowed per person to be autographed. Maximum of ten wristbands per person.
- HMV reserves the right to limit quantities and cease offer at any time.
At the 1995 SXSW Softball Game and BBQ, a trio of kids from Oklahoma were singing for anyone who would listen. One writer recently recalled that day (in this story). Yup, Hanson came to Austin in ’95, and a couple of years later, ‘Mmm Bop’ was implanting its fiendishly tuneful melody into everyone’s head.
Look behind Hanson in this photo, at the big guy in a white t-shirt and glasses (and hair without any grey). That’s me, recovering from my second year as a panel volunteer. I do recall being struck by the initiative of these kids. It wasn’t until we found this photo in the wake of their success that I realized that I discovered Hanson. This shows that there’s much more to the SXSW BBQ than brisket, sausage and scintillating softball.
Photo by Greg Sells.
|Hanson brothers Isaac, Taylor and Zac|
MANILA, Philippines – American pop rock band Hanson is coming to Manila.
In the group’s official Twitter account, the group shared their excitement performing and meeting their Filipino fans this Saturday (March 31) at Araneta Coliseum.
“About to take off to the Philippines, only 20 hours of flying to go. #ShoutItOutPhilippines , it’s all happening ! — yfrog.com/119ouz.”
Hanson brothers Isaac, Taylor, and Zac is behind the hits “I Will Come to You,” “Penny and Me”, “Where’s the Love” and “MMMBop.”
They are currently promoting their newest album titled “Shout It Out.”
For the band’s fans, a special CD Signing Event will happen on Thursday, March 29, 2012, 6p.m. at The Block SM North EDSA and on Saturday, March 31, 2012, 2p.m. at SM Cebu.
Boy bands ruled the music industry from the late ’80s all the way to the early ’00s, selling millions of records and touring stadiums across the globe. Then pop-punk took over, soon bowing to hip-hop and the ladies of pop who rule today. As the boy band era ended, Nick Lachey inked a reality TV deal, Justin Timberlake moved into acting, and most band members waited in the wings, ready to jump on a comeback whenever opportunity knocked.
But in the last few years, with bands like the Jonas Brothers and One Direction taking center stage, we’ve seen a resurgence of boy band love. In honor of our latest Billboard magazine covers, featuring The Wanted and One Direction, we bring you the best the teen phenomenon has to offer: the top 10 boy bands of the last 25 years, according to our charts*
Key Hot 100 Hit: “Mmmbop” (No. 1 for three weeks)
Key Billboard 200 Album: “Middle of Nowhere” (No. 2)
Best known for their 1997 hit “MMMBop,” brothers Isaac, Taylor and Zac Hanson earned three Grammy nominations and 22 weeks on the Hot 100 chart for the famed single from their major label debut “Middle of Nowhere.” The band left Island Def Jam Records and formed their own label in the early ’00s, winning over fans again with 2010′s “Shout It Out,” which rose to No. 2 on the Independent Albums chart. Later this year Hanson is set to tour Canada with “Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen.
MANILA, Philippines — The 1990s marked the rise in popularity of boy bands like Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, Westlife, 98 Degrees, N’Sync and many more. Their songs were charting and playing almost incessantly in all radio stations and music channels globally. In 1997, three brothers entered the music scene bringing with them a fresh sound and a song that toppled the charts. They were not singing and dancing, they were playing instruments. They don’t have rock hard abs and gorgeous body then, they were boys. “MMMbop” became an international success that propelled Hanson to fame.
“MMMBop” was followed by the emotion-filled ballad “I Will Come To You” from their “Middle of Nowhere” album. Notable songs released from the same album were “Thinking Of You” and the upbeat and energetic “Where’s The Love?.”
Catch “Hanson Live in Manila” on March 30 at Smart-Araneta Coliseum and Cebu on March 31, 2012 at Waterfront, Cebu, Lahug.
“Hanson Live in Manila and Cebu” is presented by DAYLY Entertainment in association with Rockstar Touring and LAMC Productions.